My Movie Reviews

A look at movies by jtenman.

6/17/2009

Angels and Demons

Posted by JTENMAN



Release Date: 15 May 2009
Time: 2 hr 18 min
Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Rating: PG-13
My Rating: PG-13
Starring: Tom Hanks, Ayelet Zurer
Grade: B

Synopsis: Angels and Demons re-teams director Ron Howard and star Tom Hanks for the sequel to their international blockbuster adaptation of Dan Brown's novel The Da Vinci Code. Although the book Angels and Demons was written before the novel The Da Vinci Code, the movie transpires after the events of the earlier movie. Hanks stars as professor Robert Langdon, the most respected symbologist in the United States, who uses his knowledge in order to decode a symbol on the skin of a murder victim. The clues put him on the trail of an international conspiracy involving the Catholic Church. Ewan McGregor and Ayelet Zurer also star in the Sony Pictures production. - Perry Seibert, All Movie Guide

My Review: They did a pretty decent job of taking the book to film. The film was completely action packed and there was no slow parts. My biggest problem with the film was the lack of explanation as to what was going on. I understood what was going on because I have read the book but otherwise I would have been pretty lost. Acting was alright but nothing spectacular. I did think the Carmelengo was well cast. The other issue that I had with the film is that I wish they would have shown the symbols better (Earth, Air, Wind, and Fire). When I read the book, they absolutely captivated me.

Recommend: If you've read the book, then you likely be disappointed. Otherwise, check this film out for a date night.

0 comments: