My Movie Reviews

A look at movies by jtenman.

11/18/2008

Nim's Island

Posted by JTENMAN



Release Date: April 4, 2008
Time: 1 hr 36 min
Distributor: 20th Century Fox
Rating: PG
My Rating: G
Starring: Abigail Breslin, Jodie Foster, Gerard Butler
Grade: B

Synopsis: A young girl living on a tropical island with her scientist father is left to fend for herself after her dad's boat leaves him stranded far away and careless tour companies wreak havoc on the secluded paradise in directors Mark Levin and Jennifer Flackett's adaptation of the popular children's book by author Wendy Orr. Realizing that she will need adult assistance if she truly hopes to save her home, the resourceful youngster soon begins exchanging e-mails with the author of a book she has been reading. Nim's Island stars Little Miss Sunshine's Abigail Breslin, as well as Jodie Foster and Gerard Butler. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide

My Review: Another film with Abigail Breslin where she does an excellent job. I did not enjoy this movie as much as the last one with her, but it was still well done. Some of the parts of the story were very cheesy, especially the ending, but at the same time I wish that I could have been there to help the girl. Watching this film really will want to make you move to a stranded island to live. One thing that I wish they would have expanded on is how they got internet. My wife and I were both wondering the minute we found out they did... Also, Jodie Foster does a good job being the crazy lady in the film.

Recommend: This one is much more for the kids. I think they will enjoy this more than Kit Kittredge, but for the adults, this film is not as entertaining. This is a good family film and it really wants to make you move to the stranded island.

0 comments: