My Movie Reviews

A look at movies by jtenman.

12/08/2008

Santa vs. the Snowman 3D

Posted by JTENMAN

Trailer at: http://www.bigmoviezone.com/filmsearch/clips/clip.html?uniq=430

Release Date: 1 November 2002
Time: 32 min
Distributor: Universal Studios
Rating: G
My Rating: G
Grade: B

Synopsis: It's a new holiday classic: a lonely snowman comes across Santa Claus' bustling village one Christmas Eve. Jealous of Santa's good fortune, he makes a desperate attempt to capture the spirit of Christmas and win the children's affection for himself. A heartwarming story for all ages.

My Review: The film is a great one for 3D. There are a lot of flying objects and fun things coming at you. They did a great job with Santa and he is a lot of fun to watch. There are a lot of references to other films throughout and also there are all kinds of different impressions and stereotypes that the elves do, and they are pretty funny. The graphics could have been better, and the storyline was a little cheesy as well.

Recommend: This one is definitely for the kids. The theater where we were at was packed with little ones and they loved it. My wife and I also enjoyed it, but it was just cute more than anything. The kids will get a kick out of it. Although, I must say that some elf flying right at me is always a great effect.

0 comments: