My Movie Reviews

A look at movies by jtenman.

12/13/2008

The Dark Knight

Posted by JTENMAN



Release Date: 18 July 2008
Time: 2 hr 32 min
Distributor: Warner Bros.
Rating: PG-13
My Rating: PG-13
Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart
Grade: A

Synopsis: With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as the Joker, who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces the Dark Knight ever closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante.

My Review: This film was excellent. I absolutely loved it. This film is the continuation of "Batman Begins" and it definitely lived up to all of the hype. The Joker (Heath Ledger) is absolutely twisted. He does an excellent job of playing his character and making the film move along. Also, I love Michael Caine as Alfred and he also was a lot of fun. The film was long, but it kept moving the entire time, and I was hoping there would be more. The joker makes you think about where you stand on issues and if you trust others. The film really made me think about my morals and what I plan to believe in. The action is great as well.

Recommend: Don't take the kids to this one. This is probably a guys night movie. Unless your wife is in to these types of movies, she will probably not enjoy it and likely be quite disgusted. If you like "Batman Begins" then you should definitely check this film out.

0 comments: