My Movie Reviews

A look at movies by jtenman.

12/28/2008

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Posted by JTENMAN



Release Date: 25 July 2008
Time: 1 hr 44 min
Distributor: 20th Century Fox
Rating: PG-13
My Rating: PG-13
Starring: David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Amanda Peet
Grade: B+

Synopsis: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise their roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully with this long-delayed big-screen continuation that revives the series six years after it headed off the air in 2002. Creator Chris Carter returns to direct, co-writing the script with series veteran Frank Spotnitz for 20th Century Fox. Billy Connolly, Amanda Peet and rapper Xzibit co-star in the stand-alone sequel. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide

My Review: I was in and out of this movie so I can't give it as good of a review as if I had put all of my attention into it. Regardless, the movie was interesting and it had a good plot to it. The psychic guy was really interesting, and the film had plenty of suspense and questions until the very end. I do have to say that you should know what is going on in the previous X-Files movies or you will probably be lost in some of the personal relationships (specifically of Mulder and Scully). Also, their are a lot of Russians in the film and their accents are really really bad (with exception of a few who are clearly native Russian speakers).

Recommend: If you don't have one of the other films on my list to watch, then pick this one up. Probably wouldn't be too exciting for the kids, and some of the content really isn't for them. Be ready for some good suspense with this film.

0 comments: