My Movie Reviews

A look at movies by jtenman.

1/03/2009

Ghost Town

Posted by JTENMAN



Release Date: 19 September 2008
Time: 1 hr 42 min
Distributor: DreamWorks Pictures
Rating: PG-13
My Rating: PG
Starring: Ricky Gervais, Greg Kinnear, Tea Leoni
Grade: B+

Synopsis: Bertram Pincus (Ricky Gervais) is a man whose people skills leave much to be desired. When Pincus dies unexpectedly, but is miraculously revived after seven minutes, he wakes up to discover that he now has the annoying ability to see ghosts. Even worse, they all want something from him, particularly Frank Herlihy (Greg Kinnear), who pesters him into breaking up the impending marriage of his widow Gwen (Téa Leoni).

My Review: This movie was pretty funny. Dr. Pincus was great. His personality was absolutely hilarious and at times it reminded me too much of myself. I guess the big difference is that I don't act the way that he does, I just think the same things. The film was pretty funny, but some of the jokes didn't go over so well, and there were a couple of times where you wanted the movie to move along. Dr. Pincus definitely made this movie. There wasn't really anything that bad in the film at all. Fun stuff.

Recommend: This is a great date night film, or just when you want to watch something funny and lighthearted. Feel free to let the kids join in, but they probably won't be too interested.

0 comments: